Friday, February 22, 2019

Avoid Consumer Confusion

Copyright 2009 Dennis S. Vogel All rights reserved.
This blog post was transferred from another service.

I'm not trying to pick on anybody; I just want to help you. I disguised the vendor's identity. I bought several of this vendor's products & I haven't opted out of its list because its marketing messages are usually good - they're worth studying.

I got an e-mail sales message with a statement like this (disguised):
Includes an elastic holder plus a pocket to store your power cord Only
$XX.YY

Since "Only" is next to the sales copy on a separate line from the price, it seems like the "elastic holder plus a pocket" is only big enough for a power cord. This would make the product too expensive compared to the storage benefit. Plus, what would a customer use to store the main product in?

Maybe I'd pay YY cents for a cord holder, but I wouldn't pay $XX. 8^)

"Only" should be on the same line as "$XX.YY".

Thank you for using my blog. Please let me know if I should clarify anything.

Copyright 2009 Dennis S. Vogel All rights reserved.
When you compete against big businesses with big budgets you need powerful marketing strategies & tactics. You'll find them here-
https://thriving-small-businesses.blogspot.com/
http://www.voy.com/31049/

No comments: